So this is pretty wicked! The lovely Reem from www.theundonegirl.wordpress.com nominated me for the Liebster Award! It’s a great way to help new blogs get exposure – so thank you so much Reem! I know some of the blogs I nominated have more than 200 followers already, but these are ones I love and want others to read! 💕
Link back to the person that nominated you
Answer the questions given by the nominator
Nominate 11 other bloggers with less than 200 followers
Create 11 questions for the nominees
Notify all nominees via social media/blog
1. What are three most important things you learned through your time blogging?
– First, you get out what you put in. If I spent a lot of time on a post, it would generally get the most views and I would end up being happiest with it 😄
– Next, don’t worry about the views at first. Instead, you should worry about finding your own unique style, your content, and your target audience, the rest will follow.
– Use every single form of Social Media you have to promote your blog
2. What draws you to fashion, beauty and lifestyle blogging?
Honestly, it was only recently that I fell in love with blogging, or even started blogging for that matter. I am fortunate enough to have a job that sends me all over the world, constantly on the hunt for unique jewelry and clothing, which has led to some incredible trips and even better buys! 💁💎 I love sharing my style, because most pieces are vintage and one-of-a-kind.
3. Who is your career role model?
My career role model would be Sophia Amoruso (Nasty Gal Founder & CEO). I think she’s incredible for being able to go from selling vintage clothing on eBay to building a million dollar company. She is a great role model for young women and the definition of a #GIRLBOSS. 💁
4. Best book you’ve ever read?
This might seem like I’m just promoting Nasty Gal, however, the #GIRLBOSS book is amazing. It’s so inspirational and makes you want to go out and chase your dreams (seriously). I think everyone who loves fashion, works in retail, or just wants a good read should pick this book up asap! I also love the books White Girl Problems and Psychos by Babe Walker. They’re hilarious. 😂
5. What’s your favourite beauty brand?
I can’t even pick one brand! I love everything from Sephora! I have a lot of Makeup Forever and Benefit products and they’re all amazing. I could spend hours in Shoppers Drug Mart (a Canadian company, less expensive than Sephora) because I love testing out the drugstore brand makeup but I also I believe you (generally) get what you pay for.
6. Top online shopping destination?
Honestly, I love Forever 21 because there is always SO much to look at and the prices are amazing. I spend the most time on Aritzia though. I also browse Tobi a lot because they have killer rompers and dresses!
7. Outside of Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, what would you say is your favourite phone app?
PINTEREST for sure. I could spend hours on there.
As for an app that is related to the blogging world, I love ‘Pic, Tap, Go’. It has amazing filters, you can put different white borders around your pics, and upload straight to Instagram!
8. What’s your ultimate comfort when you’re having a bad day?
Climbing into bed with a nice big cup of tea aaaanndd my puppy, while having a Netflix marathon 🐶
9. Who is your style icon?
Miroslava Duma and Olivia Palermo. They have different styles, but they always look so chic and unique (oops, didn’t mean for that to rhyme). Everything from the Zara TRF line reminds me of Miroslava – fringes, fur, and its so colourful!
10. Three words to describe your personal style?
Sophisticated, trailblazing, confident
11. Best style advice you ever recieved?
“It’s always better to be overdressed than underdressed” 🙏💃 This came from my mom and has popped into my head countless times while trying to decide what to wear.
The blogs I’m nominating are:
1. Civvie Style – www.civvies.ca ✖️ Your personal style is impeccable, and you have the greatest outfit inspo!
2. Ivory Tower – www.the-ivorytower.blogspot.co.uk ✖️ I am obsessed with your wardrobe! Every outfit is so on point its insane!
3. Layla Rosita – www.laylarosita.com ✖️ Not only do you have killer style, you also have some yummy recipes!
4. Emma Georgina – www.emmageorginaxo.blogspot.ca ✖️ Your post on Lush products made me go out and buy some!
5. We Wear Silver – www.wewearsilver.blogspot.ca ✖️ You can rock patterned pants and pastel hair better than anyone.
6. Carrisa Berner – www.carissabernerfitness.com ✖️Your posts are always great motivation to get my butt in gear and you make delicious meals! *fitness blog
7. Liv Creatively – www.livhomescreatively.blogspot.ca ✖️ You have tons of creative, easy, fun ideas for DIY projects!
8. Stacey Louise White – www.staceylouisewhite.blogspot.ca ✖️ I love your ‘whats in my handbag’ post! Those are my fave to read in magazines, so I love when bloggers do them!
9. Style on Trend – www.styleontrend.com ✖️ Great blog to visit to see upcoming trends!
10. Samantha Oxborrow – www.samoxborrow.blogspot.ca ✖️ Adore the sporty twist you add to your outfits.
11. Style Rebel – www.stylereb.com ✖️ I love the sets you put together, and how your posts are different from any other blog
Questions for the bloggers to answer:
1. Why did you start Fashion/Beauty/Lifestyle blogging?
2. What’s your favourite magazine to read?
3. In terms of style, what’s your favourite season?
4. While getting ready to go out, do you do your hair or makeup first?
5. What is your dream job?
6. What’s one beauty essential you always have in your purse?
7. What would you consider a wardrobe essential?
8. What are your top 3 favourite stores to shop at?
9. What colours do you like to wear most?
10. Who is your style icon?
11. What’s your favourite photo editing app?
I hope everyone checks out the blogs I nominated and you enjoy them as much as I do! Have an amazing weekend loves xx